In this article, you will understand step by step how to easily integrate with Trello
The integration with Trello will streamline the auditing of the change management process, and ensure an accurate and complete list of changes will be received for auditing purposes, without any human intervention.
It will also reduce the manual work, time, and effort required to populate the necessary evidence for the control - as it will automatically be collected.
This integration will only export and track all the tasks that are relevant to the audit, and only the relevant (specified) boards will be extracted. This extraction process is automated by the Scytale platform..
How to connect to the Trello integration?
Step 1: Generate an API key and token in Trello
- Log in to Trello https://trello.com as an admin.
Navigate to https://trello.com/app-key
- Copy the Personal Key.
- Under the "Token" section, click on the Token link in this sentence:
- "You can manually generate a Token"
- This link will navigate to the integration permissions approval page.
- Click "Allow" at the bottom. It will generate a Trello Token.
- Copy the token.
Step 2: Log in to the Scytale web app
- Click on the "Integrations" menu screen on the left-hand side.
- Click on the Connect button under the Trello icon.
- Paste the API key and API token that you generated in Trello.
- Connection Name - is used to differentiate between your connections.
For instance, if you manage multiple accounts or would like to connect multiple times to the integration. It's automatically titled (Connection 1,2,3 etc), but you can change it to a custom name to make it easier to identify.
- Click "Connect".
Step 3: Board Selection
- Select the Trello boards that are relevant for the audit.
- Note: This is a mandatory step for connecting the integration and collecting evidence.
Permissions for the integration with Trello:
The permissions granted will only give access to read and collect the cards in Trello on the relevant boards you have chosen. Scytale collects the evidence automatically with read-only permissions.