In this article, you will understand step by step how to easily integrate with Linear
Integrating with Linear will streamline the auditing of the change management process and ensure that an accurate and complete list of changes will be received for auditing purposes. A list of all changes is the starting point for the auditor when testing the change management criteria and this integration will make compliance with the change management criteria much more efficient.
This integration will only export and track all change request tickets that are relevant to the audit. Only the relevant projects' change request tickets will be extracted.
This extraction process is automated by Scytale.
How to connect with the Linear integration?
Step 1: Create an API Key in Linear
Log in to Linear https://linear.app as an admin.
Navigate to the logo workspace.
Select "Workspace settings".
- Go to "API" in the left menu under "Account".
- Under "Personal API keys", enter a key name and click "create key".
- Copy the key in order to paste it into the Scytale connection.
Step 2: Log in to the Scytale web app
- Click on the "Integrations" menu screen on the left-hand side.
- Click on the Connect button under the Linear icon.
- Connection Name - is used to differentiate between your connections.
For instance, if you manage multiple accounts or would like to connect multiple integrations. It's automatically titled (Connection 1,2,3 etc), but you can change it to a custom name to make it easier to identify.
- Paste the API key that you created in Linear.
- Click "Connect".
Step 3: Project Selection
- Select the Linear projects that are relevant to the audit.
- In case your team doesn't work with the project, the last option in the dropdown "Issues that are not linked to projects" allows you to fetch stories that aren't linked to any project.
Note: This is a mandatory step for connecting the integration and collecting evidence.
The permissions granted give access to read and collect the issues in Linear in the relevant projects you have chosen. Scytale collects the evidence automatically with read-only permissions.