Log in to the Scytale platform using Okta Single Sign On
After completing the steps in this guide you will be able to use Okta to log in to the Scytale application (both SP-initiated SSO and IdP-initiated SSO are supported).
The process consists of 3 parts:
Install the Scytale application from Okta's app catalog
- Provide your Scytale customer success team with the app Metadata URL
- Define which users are allowed to log to Scytale using SSO
1. Install the Scytale application from Okta's app catalog
Using your Okta admin account, go to Applications → Browse App Catalog
Search for "Scytale" and click on the app you see in the picture below
Click on “Add Integration”
Congrats! You have successfully installed Scytale on your Okta account. Please continue to the next step.
2. Provide your Scytale contact with the app Metadata URL
Go to Application on the sidebar and click on Scytale
Go to the SignOn tab and copy the metadata URL as shown in the picture
Provide this link to Scytale's customer success team. They will do the rest.
You’re done! Wait for a confirmation from the CS team that everything is OK and you’re good to go. While you wait, continue to the next step.
3. Define which users are allowed to log to Scytale using SSO
- Using the side panel, go to “Applications“ and click on the freshly installed Scytale app from the list
- Click “Assign“ and select whether to assign to certain people or groups
- Select the users to add from the available users list. Only those users will be able to log in to Scytale using SSO.
You’re done! The defined users can now log into Scytale using Okta.
[Internal CS Team instructions]
Change the company login method to “okta-saml“ in the Backoffice.
Get the metadata URL from the customer and paste it into the relevant input box (Available when okta-saml is selected as a login method)